Blog marketing is something that all writers should do. They market their blog so that they can get readers, and sell their books online. Marketing their blog means to get it out into the universe so that others that are interested in it can find it, read it and buy your services. It is also a great way to sell things by using affiliate links and programs. Blog marketing can help your online or offline business.
Using a blog to market something is cheaper than using a website. This is because there are so many free ones out there that you can use to get the word out, and they are really just as good as having a website that you pay for. There are of course some advantages to having your own URL, but for a beginner, a free one will work until you get the hang of it and want to move it all over onto your own server. Hostgator.com is a great choice. The free blogs are just not that customizable.
When you have your own blog, you are in charge of the content that is posted on it. You can decide what is said, and what is not. You are after all writing it all, right? So, the sky is the limit. Whether you want a blog that does website reviews and takes nominations, or you want to sell books, the choice is yours. Using a blog to get the word out about whatever you want too is a great way to market and promote something.
Blog marketing is a great thing to learn. If you can sell things from a blog, you can sell them anywhere. Making money by using a blog is one of the most satisfying things that you will ever learn how to do. Just do not expect to make money over night, know that you have to work at it consistently everyday, and remember to put into it what you want to get out of it.
I’m offering discounted marketing services until March 31, 2014 to help fund my coworking space. I’ve been in web development for over 15 years. The last 4 years have been focused on online marketing for authors. I’m an part-time instructor at a local college and I’ve been a marketing coordinator for a spiritual author.
1. We will get you 100 of your target market followers on Twitter for $5 (I will need username and password, you can change it after I’m done) each additional 100 followers is $5.00. Completed after 7 days of payment and username and password is sent. Please no x rated content sites.
2. Schedule 30 days of inspiration quotes on your Twitter or Facebook page account for $5. (I will need username and password, you can change it after I’m done) Completed after 7 days after payment and username and password is sent.
3. WordPress website review for $5 – We will review your WordPress blog and give you suggestions on how to increase your Internet reach. Completed after 7 days after payment. Completed after 7 days after payment and username and password is sent. Please no x rated content sites.
4. We will answer 4 questions about book marketing for $5.
5. Book marketing coaching for $150 – 4 – 30 minutes phone or Skype sessions to answer your questions about book marketing.
6. Send a greeting card to someone on your behalf for $5 – Do you hate sending Birthday cards? We will send a real greeting card on your behalf. Completed after 7 days after payment.
Visionary Meetings is a coworking office space to launch in Michigan, joining the network of coworking spaces across the United States. The collaborative, open work environment will strengthen the entrepreneurial community by connecting like-minded working parents in one place. Websites like Facebook and LinkedIn can keep us in touch over the internet but they offer nothing like meeting others in person. Providing a flexible work environment for working parents, coworking spaces increase freelancer business and create a network of empowered members that otherwise would struggle to find each other.
Working parents can get the space they need to focus on their work while their children are provided for in the coworking office daycare available for members.
What Is Coworking:
According to Wikipedia, coworking is a shared working environment for work at home professionals, independent workers or people who travel for work. Visionary Meetings is a future coworking space in the Oakland County with an on-site childcare services. We need your help to make it happen. Join our mailing list to get updates on our progress and to get involved.
Visionary Meetings offers a coworking office where parents can find the space they need to work while having affordable onsite daycare for their children. As flexible work environments for working parents, coworking spaces increase freelancer business and create a network of empowered members that otherwise would struggle to find each other.
In order to make Visionary Meetings a reality, the project needs your help. The IndieGoGo campaign is the first step towards bringing this family friendly co-working space to Michigan. Show that working parents are not alone in this and support Visionary Meetings for working parents to create a new coworking community!
About The Creator:
Angela Samuels is the owner and future community manager of Visionary Meetings. She has a passion for helping small business owners make connections with other small business owners. Especially women business owners, she knows how hard it to balance work and family life.
Her solution is to open a coworking office called Visionary Meetings with an affordable daycare on site. As a mother of two small children, she knows firsthand the challenge it is to find a reasonable and caring daycare. This is an opportunity to help other parents who need to work virtually while their children are being taken care of. Not only will this be a place for working parents but also a place for telecommuters, professionals and remote workers to escape the coffee house or the house to get work done. Look for more promotions in 2014.
To become a supporter, please visit FamilyCoworking.com
Are you running out of ideas for marketing your book? Have you looked at video marketing? Yes, I know most authors may not be able to afford a professional book trailer, but you do have some low cost options.
Video marketing just might be the hottest trend to date in the marketing field. The time for telling through text marketing copy has passed. Instead, it’s now time for showing and demonstrating through video clips.
If you’re not that familiar with video marketing, there’s absolutely no need for you to worry. The internet provides a lot of resources on how you can make your videos. You can learn about the tools that you need to make videos and the techniques that can make your videos work for marketing purposes. The following are some tips on how you can make video marketing work for your business.
1. Determine the video content.
The content may include text from your book.
2. Write out specific keywords within your niche
Will you be promoting your books? For instance, the videos in your website can be much about what the contents of your book are. Your videos on your site can also be video testimonials from your customers.
3. Look at Fiverr.com for someone to create a video for you. Most of the time they want you to write the text and they insert it into a video format for only $5. Bonus: the second option is using Animato for videos. I recently had someone on Fiverr.com create this Indiegogo campaign video for only $5. I told my friend it’s like a child in a candy store.
4. Determine where to post your videos.
There are a lot of places that you can upload your video, but most people at least upload their video to YouTube.
4. Advertise with Google Adwords for Videos if you posted on YouTube.
Make sure you add the link to your website in the description area.
P.S. On February 20, 2014, I’ll be starting a Indiegogo campaign to start my own family coworking space in Michigan. Come back and visit again to get more details.