I recently read an article about the Amazon KDP Select program “Amazon KDP Select: Is It Worthwhile for Authors?” The author was discussing their opinion about the program. I still think the program is good advertising like one of the commentators pointed out. One of my clients only put her older books in the KDP program to spur sales with her other books. Which indeed did what we expected, it got her noticed and we saw her book sale better. Since her book has been out for over two years, we plan on adding that to the KDP Select and giving that away soon. Here are some tips on how to get the word when you do have your eBook available for free on Amazon.
1. Post on your Facebook,Twitter page and groups about your book being free for a limited time.
2. Find websites that will allow you to post your book on their website when the promotion is going on.
3. Use the whole 5 days at one time to increase momentum through the week.
4. Promote your other books within the first couple pages of your book that you’re giving away for free.
5. Have a place close to the front of your book where readers can sign up for your newsletter.
6. Freebie – send it to your email list for people that haven’t had a chance to buy your book or who may want to share with their friends.