This is part of a book marketing series that I introduced a couple of weeks ago on my blog article “Top reasons why authors don’t market their book.” Many authors have said that they don’t have the book marketing skills to sell their books. Authors have certain talents that may include writing or copywriting. I would suggest authors learn the basics of marketing and build on that foundation. Once you’re able to hire someone to do it you would know at least the basics.
- Read books about book marketing
- Hire a book marketing specialist (Elance.com)
- Focus on building relationships online and offline
Here are a couple of books that I recommend reading:
- My favorite book 1001 Ways to Market Your Books by John Kremer http://ow.ly/nvw6K
- Another favorite book is favorite Sell More Books!: Book Marketing and Publishing for Low Profile and Debut Authors http://ow.ly/nvxpg