Website traffic is what you want when promoting your book online. Is your book website not getting the hits you want? People won’t visit your site unless you have relevant keywords within your blog articles.
- Choose one primary keyword to focus on per article. If you book about lovely doves , write content that has lovely doves included.
- Place primary and secondary keywords within the first sentence on your page content and spread them evenly throughout the document.
- Research and use the right keywords/phrases to attract website traffic. Use Google Keyword Tool
- Keep your website design simple so that your customers can navigate easily between web pages, find what they want and buy products and services. If you’re a writer, clearly label how they can buy a book from you.
- Submit your websites i.e. every web page and not just the home page, to the most popular search engines and directory services. Hire someone to do so, if required. Be sure this is a manual submission. Do not engage an automated submission service.
- Monitor your competitors and the top ranked websites to see what they are doing right in the way of design, navigation, content, keywords, etc. Research other authors that are in the same niche to see what their website looks like.
- Create a website with valuable content, products or services. If you’re a writer, write content as an extension or supplement to your book.
Bonus: WordPress Plugins to increase traffic
- WordPress SEO by Yoast http://yoast.com/
- Calais Auto Tagger http://www.dangrossman.info/wp-calais-auto-tagger